A Precast Building consists of all the same elements
A Precast Building consists of all the same elements as a conventional building which includes floors, roofs, walls as well as beams, columns and stairs, the only difference is that these elements are manufactured in a controlled environment and transported to the site for Erection, Connection and Commissioning.
The Industrialization of Construction Industry implies the change of the whole building process. The need to build better, faster and in an economically viable way led to the Precasting technology to attain a strong foothold in the industry. Proper planning, Detailed design & Coordination of the project prior to construction activities have to be considered to minimize the changes at site.
- Increase spans of members due to use of Prestressing Technique.
- Architecturally aesthetic construction is possible beyond imagination.
- Surface Treatment using Form-liners, Exposed Aggregates, Colored Concreting is possible.
- Designed to resist Earthquake loads along with other implied loads.
- Overall Cost & Schedule are fixed prior to Construction.
- Reduce the wastage of Steel and Concrete due to Automation.
- Optimization of Element sizes reduces material consumption & cost.
- Recycling of most of the wastage is possible due to the controlled environment.
- Construction Financing required for Shorter period of Erection.
- Minimize the cost of Labors & Supervisors at site.
- Smooth Surface finish ensures no plastering at site.
- Early commissioning of the project means early gains to the client.
- High Quality: Pre-fabrication independent of weather conditions.
- Highest precision and quality of concrete elements due the production on smooth steel moulds.
- Proper Quality Control done in the precast concrete plant.
- Equipment wash down water can be recycled before disposal >zero waste possible.
- Exact production guaranteed by automation: lower tolerances, fire resistance, heat & sound insulation, storage capacity.
- Load bearing walls substitute frame and skeleton structures.
- Precise placement of MEP inserts ensure proper fit up.
- Minimizes site disturbance and overall carbon footprint.
- Considered as a Green Building Product.